About

History

Lake Drummond Baptist Church is seated at the crossroads of Ballahack Road and Lake Drummond Causeway in the City of Chesapeake, Virginia.  Organized on July 27, 1850, with nine members dismissed from Northwest Baptist Church located 6.7 miles east on Ballahack Road, Lake Drummond’s first meeting place was in a small school house until in 1851 the present Chapel was built.  A bell tower was added in 1890 and rooms were added to the back of the church in 1948.  A two-story  addition was added to the front of the church from 1958 to 1960 which added five rooms with three in the new upstairs area and two downstairs.  The parsonage was completed in 1973 and the Fellowship Hall was added in 1975.

The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) drives the ministry at Lake Drummond Baptist Church.  Jesus commanded that we “Go.”  As we go, we strive to minister not only in the local community, but in conjunction with other Southern Baptist Conservative of Virginia Churches and the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention, throughout the world.

Many Pastors have served Lake Drummond Baptist Church through its remarkable history starting prior to the Civil War.  Our Pastor, Rev. Buddy Hoggard, served as pulpit supply starting July 1st, 2007 and was called and voted unanimously to be our Pastor on November 7th, 2007.

Lake Drummond Baptist Church is steeped in history and rich in tradition.  We strive to meet the needs of our growing community with God’s Holy Word as our basis for faith and practice relying at all times on His Holy Spirit to guide us.

For a complete list of our Worship Services, Discipleship Opportunities, and Ministry Activities, please continue to browse our Website.

Covenant

Having been led by the Holy Spirit of God to confess the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and, on the profession of faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now in the presence of God and this assembly most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.

We engage, therefore, being led of the Holy Spirit to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this Church in knowledge, holiness, and the giving of comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, doctrines, and discipline; and to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the Church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.

We also engage to maintain family and personal devotions; to biblically educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage; and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.

We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love, to remember one another in prayer, to aid one another in sickness and distress, to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech, and to be slow to take offense but always ready in reconciliation and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.

We moreover engage that when we move from this place we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other Southern Baptist Church of like faith where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.